Monday, May 16, 2011

Spinach-Cheese (and sausage) Bake, fruit, All-Bran muffins

Ok, I realize that this is probably within the "Breakfast for Dinner" category, but I didn't really think it through very well when I planned it (which was a while back because I was taking this meal to someone tonight, so I made extra for us to have too).  BUT. This meal has ALL 5 food groups.

This recipe is from Cooking Light and so it doesn't call for sausage.  I only just recently started adding the sausage, which probably makes it not so "light" anymore.  

Spinach-Cheese Bake recipe

All Bran Muffins:
2 cups All Bran
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup oil or applesauce
1 egg
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
Combine the milk and All Bran in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes until cereal become soft.  Combine flour, baking soda, salt and sugar in a bowl.  Add egg and oil to cereal and mix well.  Stir in flour mixture.  You can add fruit.
Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. That looks really good! I think I will try that recipe!!

    ReplyDelete